How to Create a Google Account and a Google Doc
Robin Wilson, WISD AVID Coordinator
Why create a Google Account?
- You need a Google account (A Gmail Account) to be able to use Google Docs
- Google Docs allows you to save your information to a "cloud" account. This allows you to work on the document from your computer, your phone, someone else's computer - wherever you have internet access.
- Many of the AVID information documents I will be creating will be in a Google Doc and I will be asking you to help create it or edit it. It is a GREAT tool to use for collaboration.
- A Google Doc allows several people to work on the document at a time. Changes are made instantly and the document continues to be a "live" document. It eliminates thumb drives and emailing documents back and forth.
How to create a Google account?
Please watch the video below and jot down your notes using the Cornell Note way.
- Please email me when you have set up your gmail account. Please have this completed by Thursday, August 28, at 8:00 a.m.
- I will send a google doc on Thursday, August 28, with the professional development schedule for AVID presentations. It will include all the AVID campuses and will be used for scheduling.
- We will use a google doc for AVID site teams meeting sign in sheets and AVID parent meeting sign in sheets.
Have a great day. I hope you have a great first day of school with the students. Robin