Advancement Via Individual Determination
AVID's mission is to close the achievement gap by preparing all students for college readiness and success in a global society.
What is AVID?
Tools for Teachers:
- Professional learning opportunities through summer institute and campus focused seminars - provides teachers with the "HOW" to present curriculum
- W-I-C-O-R: Writing, Inquiry, Collaboration, Organization, Reading
- Extensive online resources from the AVID organization and campus AVID library
- Strengthen collaboration amongst teachers and
- Focus for campus
- Rigorous curriculum and the support to achieve (tutorials and note taking)
- Social support - teacher advocates and community support
- Provides a team of students for positive peer identification
- A direct support structure for first-generation college goers
- A support structure for typically low-income, underserved students