Biography Project for Mrs. Hemry's 8th. grade Language arts class
Born: February 11, 1732
Died: December 14, 1799
Significant Events in History that Affected George's life
- Revolutionary war
- The invasion of Fort Duqueshe
- Married Martha Fairfax
- Lawrence Washington died
- The whiskey Rebellion
George's Early years
As a wee laddy George Washington became a surveyor at only 19 years old. At 20 years old George owned over 5,000 acres of land! When he became 21 he had 3 military commissions waiting for him.
people who influenced George's life
- Lawrence Washington - gave him a place to live after there dad died.
- William Fairfax - Gave him a place to live after his brother died and gave him land
- George was 6'5''
- He was a surveyor
- He loved math
- He had 3 military commissions at 21
- General of the U.S. Army
- owned over 5,000 acres of land
- Became the 1st. U.S. President
Theme of Georges life was...
To make the most of what life gives you
words of advice
- "1st. in war, 1st.in peace"
- "Let it go as it came''
"George Washington" By Wendie C. Gold