Monday November 3
With your partner you will complete the following assignment in each of your journals.
1. Define the following academic words upon entering the room:
2. With your partner, discuss the writing prompt. Critique each others pieces for: plot structure, any elements found within Gothic literature (308), any characteristics of Romanticism found within each piece (312).
3. Read the following pages:
Page 23 and the top half of page 24:
Name the events and two people mentioned.
How were these people/events important to the Revolutionary time period?
4. Read page 25 The Enlightenment
What was this movement?
How did this movement affect the Revolutionary Period and The Great Awakening? Who was Jonathan Edwards?
5. Read pages 30 and 31.
How did propaganda play a role in this time period?
What were the important influences within this writing? How did the influence?
Write your answers in EACH of your journals. Be ready to discuss.
Your EXIT TICKET is to answer the following questions:
1. What do I KNOW about the Revolutionary Period?
2. What do I WONDER about the Revolutionary Period?
3. What do I want to LEARN more about in the Revolutionary Period?
You will turn your EXIT TICKET in the appropriate tray when the bell rings.
STAY IN YOUR SEATS UNTIL THE BELL RINGS.