Leadership Digest - November 16, 2016
7 Habits Review
The video below is an overview of the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. As you know, our school is a certified Leader in Me school. That means that we provide students with powerful leadership practice and opportunities for personal and academic growth. This is based on Steven Covey's 7 Habits. We take student achievement very seriously; as we help students reach their full academic potential, we build character and perseverance. Below is a more sophisticated version of the 7 Habits. Although, the presentation may be somewhat advanced, don't be fooled. Our students are becoming just as well-versed in the habits.
Thanksgiving Lunch will be tomorrow, Thursday November 17th. Our lunch times are:
1st Grade: 10:00 - 10:30am 3rd Grade: 10:30 - 11:00am
2nd Grade: 11:00 - 11:30am 4th Grade: 11:30 - 12:00pm
5th Grade: 12:00 - 12:30pm Kindergarten: 12:30 - 1:00pm
Adult Meals are $5.00 each, Preschool Children are $2.50 each.
Please bring a valid ID if you are planning on eating lunch with us, as you will have to check in through the Front Office....
Bay District Schools will be CLOSED Monday November 21st - Friday November 25th. We hope that you and your family have a great and safe Thanksgiving Holiday..
What does Christmas mean to me???
Each year there is a contest between the 4 Panama City Beach Elementary schools (3rd - 5th Grade students) to write an essay about "What Christmas means to me?" Our top 3 participants will be entered against the other Panama City Beach Elementary Schools Top 3 and the winner will read their essay at the Panama City Beach tree lighting at Frank Brown Park in early December. Entries are due to the front office by Tuesday November 29th.
Beach Elementary Christmas Card
Each year Beach Elementary sends out Christmas Cards to community leaders in Bay County and surrounding counties. The cover of the card is always reserved for one of our greatest artists. If you are interested, please draw your best artwork for the front of our Christmas Card on a plain white piece of 8 1/2 by 11 piece of paper turned in the horizontal position. These are due to Ms. Hill by Tuesday November 29th.
Parent Involvement month is a time to celebrate the important role parents play in their children's education. When schools work together with families to support learning, children are inclined to succeed not just in school, but throughout life. The Florida Department of Education, our district and your child’s school recognizes the vital roles that schools and families play throughout a child's educational career.
Ideas for Family Fun in November
1. Have a movie night. Check out the public library for free movies. Pop some popcorn!
2. Listen! It’s the #1 thing a parent can do to support their child.
3. Make it a habit to review and discuss homework regularly.
4. Donate canned goods to help other families in your school or community.
5. Sneak a note into your child’s school bag reminding them of how proud you are.
6. Show school spirit! Attend a school sporting event with your child.
7. Flip through old family photo albums. Tell stories about what you see.
8. Compare tastes in music. Actually listen to what your child listens too.
9. Participate in your child’s favorite hobby.
10. THANKSGIVING DAY – Talk about things for which your family is grateful.
Check out this link to hear how parents stay involved with their children: Parent Involvement - Round Table with Commissioner Pam Stewart (5 minutes)
Title I Update
Attendance and Tardies
All students are expected to be in class by 7:30. We are aware that traffic can be difficult in the mornings. There is very little traffic until about 7:20 and almost none at 7:10. Remember that we have student supervision starting at 7:00.
We ask that if you drop your child off in the morning, that you pull all the way forward so we can unload several cars at a time. All students will enter the school through the doors at the front of the car line. We are doing everything we can to make the mornings efficient while maintaining the safest environment for students. Remember that no students are allowed to be dropped off in the parking lot, on Clara Avenue, or on Beth Avenue.
Here are some highlights of events coming soon:
- November 17th: Artful Truth: National Smoke OUt Day! Ceremony @ 7:45am
- November 17th: Thanksgiving Lunch
- November 29th- "what Christmas Means to Me Essay (3rd - 5th Grade) and "Christmas Card Cover Contest Due
- December 9th - Winter Wonderland
- December 20th- Fine Arts Night @ Arnold High School
- December 21st - Early Release @ 11:30am for Christmas Vacation....
Click the button below to access our school calendar. (Did you know you can subscribe to the calendar and receive notification of the events on your phone or computer?) Once you are viewing our calendar, simply click the small Google Calendar icon in the bottom right corner of the calendar.