There are about 10,444,268 as of July 2013
Roman Catholic is the most common religion in Belgium. The picture is of a cross my parents got at a local church near bruge it was the church his grand father went to. The name means whistlers chapel.
Dutch60%, French 40%, German less than 1%, legally bilingual French and Dutch but there are also other languages like flemish.
Top 3 Ethnicities
Fleming(58%), Waloon(31%), mixed or other (11%). My great grandparents were flemish.
They have a parliamentary democracy under a constitutional monarch. The king is in charge who is Albert the second.
Machinery equipment, chemicals, diamonds, metals and metal products, and foodstuffs.
They use Euros. This currency is used through out europe. One euro equals $1.30 in american dollars.
11,787. The picture is of town square.
Age 15 and older can read and wright.
Males are expected to live to about the age of 76.62. Females are expected to live to about 83.08.
1. Belgium produces about 220,000 tons of chocolate per year. That's about 22kg of chocolate per person in Belgium.
2. Belgium has the least amount of McDonalds. About 7 times fewer than the us.
3. The saxophone was invented in Belgium In the early 1840s by Adolph's sax
4. The name French frie was made up In Belgium. Most Belgians eat their fries with mayonnaise instead of ketchup.
5. Belgian waffles are not big and thick(that is the americanized version) they are really thin. My dads grandma served home maid Belgian waffles with ice cream in between two waffles.
6. The only two man made structure that can be seen in space is the great wall of china and the motorway system of belgium.
7.The smurfs were first made in a comic strip in belgium by a belgian cartooonist named Peyo (aka Pierre Cullifort) in 1958.
8. Belgium has the deepest indoor pool in the world it is called nemo 33. Its depth is 34.5 meters.
9. Belgium has the most castles per square miles in the world.
10. the smallest city in the world is in belgium it is called durbuy.