Children in the Holocaust
The Children during the Holocaust were treated poorly. Most were not old enough to work so they were sent to concentration camps to be killed. If a mother was pregnant and was ready to give birth, they would kill the baby as soon as the mother bore it. The children were being starved so most of them died. Some were told to dig holes not knowing it was their grave, they were shot and collapsed into the hole, they were dead.
1. Over 1.1 million children died during the Holocaust.
2. Young children were particularly targeted by the Nazis to be murdered during the Holocaust.
3. In one infamous concentration camp experiment, newborn babies were taken away from nursing mothers to see how long they could survive without feeding.
4. Most women with small children were immediately sent to the gas chambers as children were nearly useless to the Nazis and the commotion that separating the women and children might have caused would have jeopardized the efficiency of the killing process.
5. Mothers with babies and other children too young to control their crying had trouble finding hideouts during round-ups to avoid being sent to the camps.
6. Children were considered non-productive so they were among the first victims who were sent to their deaths.
7. The children were separated from their parents before and after they got to the camps.
8. The parents and families of these children were unable to grant them the security and protection they needed.
9. From the day the Nazis came to power Jewish children became victims of antisemitic legislation.
10. The children often saw their parents loose the right to support their families, and often witnessed the descent of the family unit into an abyss of despair.
1938 - Children were sent to the concentration camps.
1944/1945 - They were freed from the camps.
Adolf Hitler took all the children to the camps and killed them.
Oskar Dirlewanger was a child molester.
Heinrich Himmler directed the killings of the camps.
Otto Adolf Eichmann him and his staff arranged for Jews to be concentrated into ghettos.
Maximilian Grabner tortured the prisoners.
Sir Nicholas Winton saved 669 children during the holocaust.
It's important to know because they need to know how bad they were treated and how many were tortured, and killed. They need to know so they can help prevent something like this from ever happening again. They need to remember this was the most Jewish killings ever. Almost half of the population.
"Liberation." United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. United States Holocaust Memorial Council, n.d. Web. 01 June 2015.
"Concentration Camps, 1939–1942." United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. United States Holocaust Memorial Council, 20 June 2014. Web. 01 June 2015.
"He Saved 669 Children During The Holocaust... And He Doesn't Know They're Sitting Next To Him." LifeBuzz. N.p., 01 July 2014. Web. 01 June 2015.
"The International Institute for Holocaust Research." Children and the Holocaust. N.p., n.d. Web. 01 June 2015.