history of television
1. what is the FCC?
federal communications commission
2. what is the purpose of the FCC and over which locales does it have jurisdiction?
The FCC regulates interstate and international communications by radio television, wire, satellite and cable in all 50 states, the district of Colombia and u.s. territories.
In its work, the FCC seeks to capitalize on its competencies in:
3. Promoting completion, innovation and investment in broadband services and services and facilities.
4. Supporting the nation's economy by ensuring an appropriate competitive framework for the unfolding of the communications revolution.
5. Encouraging the highest and best use of spectrum domestically and internationally.
6. Revising media regulations so that new technologies flourish alongside diversity and local-ism.
7. Providing leadership in strengthening the defense of the nation's communications infrastructure.