By Kristen and Eve
The Endocrine system is made up of glands that produce hormones, chemical substances produced in the body that regulate the activity of cells or organs.The endocrine system includes all of the glands of the body.
1. The hypothalamus is the one that makes you feel hunger and thirst. It also helps in body temperature.
2. It aids the immune system by helping the body build resistance to disease.
3. The human behavior is also controlled by the endocrine system when it affects the nervous system.
4. We must be thankful to the pineal gland for our sweet sleep. It secretes melatonin which regulates our sleep.
5. There are 30 hormones in the human body.
These hormones can be thought of as messengers that give directions to different parts of the body, allowing the body to react to changes and maintain homeostasis.
The circulatory system is the transport system for endocrine information. While the nervous system uses neurons, the endocrine chemicals and hormones must circulate through the body via blood vessels.
have a disease called diabetes