October at a Glance
Our October LEADS Learning Topic: Fostering Collaboration
Please add your October 20-30 minute session to the LEADS Google Calendar. You can access the editable calendar by going to Google Calendar and LEADS will be listed under "My Calendar". If possible, consider joining another conversation in a different building!
We would love to hear how badges are being used in your building! Check out what Lewis and Clark is doing... eLEADS have defined each badge and then during their monthly session together highlight the work teachers are doing in each area. What a great way to celebrate learning! Please share your plan on #lpsleads or our Google Community.
October 2015 Opportunities
#lpsleads Twitter Chats are on Tuesday evenings from 8:30-9:30 pm. Please note the titles may change, but the topic/idea will remain.
- Tuesday, October 6 - Collaboration in Schools
- Tuesday, October 20 - Going Deeper with Collaboration
eLEAD UNmeeting - join us anytime you are available Thursday, October 29 from 7:00-7:45 am. We will be discussing what strategies and tools LPS Educators are using to create and collaborate with each other. Questions coming soon!
Contract Dates - Please be sure to check your contract dates to ensure we have everything listed correctly for you. Contact us for any discrepancies or if you aren't able to view.
Share with Staff
We are looking for ways video and blogs are being used at Liberty Public Schools. Please take a moment to share out your ideas on #lpsleads so we can capture with a collection and embed on our LEADS site. As a reminder:
WeVideo impacts learning on CHROMEBOOKS:
- Create Video with Green Screen
- Create Collaborative Projects
- Screencast Reliably
- Peer Edit on Projects
- Share Video Assets
KidBlog (K-8), allows you to:
- Change privacy on each post
- Have students change themes by post
- Invite parents to view their student posts and comments - regardless of your blog privacy settings
- Create multi-year digital portfolios
- Organize students in multiple classes to create opportunities for cross-district collaboration
- Integrate Google Drive
- Have unlimited student accounts per class
New PD Snacks
Several eLEADS have shared PD Snacks which would be great to learn from and share with staff! Check it out:
If you have a PD Snack you have created and don't see it listed, please share it with us so we can make sure it is on the November at a Glance.