S9 Faculty Update
We are off to a great start this semester. With a full week behind us, patterns are beginning to form. I've heard from many of you that you are enjoying the respectful behavior of your new group of students. Continue to remind students of your expectations and procedures to keep them on the right track. I'm looking forward to each day of this semester because it allows me to work in such an enjoyable environment. Thank you all for what you do to make S9 a great place for education.
High School Info
The warehouse has an abundance of 3 Ring Binders donated from the Dept. of Defense they'd like to place in schools. If you'd like some for your classroom, send an email to email@example.com. I will complile the orders and send it to the warehouse Tuesday morning.
Students are doing a great job getting to class before the tardy bell. Keep encouraging them to try to get to class by the one minute bell.
Remember to ask someone to cover your duty assignment if you are going to be absent.
What Improves Student Achievement?
Dates to Remember
- January 12 – S9 Instructional Rounds (12:00-3:00)
- January 19 – Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 13 – Teacher Professional Development (1/2 day for students)
- February 16 – President’s Day
Every situation in life includes a positive view and a negative view. It is our choice on which we want to see. I've been faced with some heart-wrenching tragedies just as many of you. I can't say that I've always immediately seen the positive side of things. I've set a goal for myself this year to try to see the positive in everything. I know I will fail often but will persist nonetheless.
10 RULES FOR THE RIDE OF YOUR LIFE
1. You’re the Driver of the Bus.
2. Desire, Vision and Focus move your bus in the right direction.
3. Fuel your Ride with Positive Energy.
4. Invite People on Your Bus and Share your Vision for the Road Ahead.
5. Don’t Waste Your Energy on those who don’t get on your Bus.
6. Post a Sign that says “No Energy Vampires Allowed” on your Bus.
7. Enthusiasm attracts more Passengers and Energizes them during the Ride.
8. Love your Passengers.
9. Drive with Purpose.
10.Have Fun and Enjoy the Ride.