By: Peyton Hickmon
1. Copyright: the owner has control of what can be done with their intellectual property
2. Fair Use: exceptions and limitations to copyright law that allow the public to use portions of copyrighted material
3. Hacking: accessing someone's computer without permission regardless of the activity or intent
4. Intellectual Property:original work protected by copyright law
5. Piracy: term used when music, movies and software are copied and "burned" illegally
6. Plagiarism: term used when music, movies and software are copied and "burned"
7. Public Domain: materials that are not protected by copyright law that can be used by the public without permission or payment