The Nation Needs Therapy We Are Having an Identity Crisis
I'm fund raising for Broken Promises and Shattered Dreams
Call Tyrone, and yes my real name is Tyrone!
This nation is having a nervous breakdown. How about having a breakthrough? We have candidates who run from their political party.
If your running for office and you can't say who you voted for, why should we vote for you?
If you can't stand shoulder to shoulder with your party's leader, why should we vote for you?
We vote for party not for person! We expect the person to carry out the constituents request as our Representative
This Movember 4th Democrat how, about we put aside our petty differences and stand strong for our party. United we stand, divided we fall.
We are Americans, Mexican-Americans, Black-Americans, Muslim-Americans, Jewish-Americans, Asian-Americans, Native-Americans, Germany-Americans, Irish-Americans, Italian-Americans, Polish-Americans, French-Americans, Scottish-Americans, Dutch-Americans, Puerto Rican-Americans, Norwegian-Americans, Swedish-Americans, Hispanics-Americans, African-Americans, American Indian, Cuban-Americans, Hawaiian-Americans just to name a few.
There is a commonality in our status, it’s we're all Americans. We are Multinational and we should never for get this. We are doers and currently we are letting one party (the right) divide us, so we are destined to fail. If we stand strong and united, no one can divide us; it’s up to you.
Politics is not my calling, I’m not a politician. I’m a well-rounded, fully capable, out spoken, highly educated, honorably discharged Army veteran, entrepreneur, self-employed, business owner who has had enough of the rhetoric from both side about what they will do. All I see them doing, it running their traps and going on vacation.
Yesterday someone called me a liar because I posted President Obama our Presidents accomplishment. They didn’t like the facts so they got angry and attempted to get me angry because the facts are facts. Nice try guys! It is what it is, live with it.
Democrats you want a reason to get out and vote this 4th of Movember, there you go! Don’t take my work for it; do you and yours a solid, look it up. I did!
We are a nation of smart phone users, smart TV’s and smart cars which are being operated by very intelligent and creative people who would rather spend their time sending picture of their food and private parts rather than searching for fact to have an adult conversation about issues. Not caring or just repeating talking points is somewhat troubling. You’re better than that, aren’t you?
Ezra Klein Editor-in-Chief, Head vegetable chef of VOX is moving up the list of 3 minutes or less explainers. Reigning champion is Robert Reich, you know Inequality For Allprofessor at Berkeley former US Secretary of Labor for former President Bill Clinton.
Here are three of my favorite Robert Reich greatest hits. They intrigue the mind and force you to want to know more and more about how things came to be so dysfunctional.
- 1. America's Koch Problem
- 2. The War on the Poor and Working Families
- 3. Raise the Minimum Wage to $15 Per Hour
Back to Ezra Klein!
I don’t do this to prove how smart I am, I do this because I like it. The more I know about how we got here, the easier it is to find solutions.
Lastly, Jared Bernstein blog on the economy is a must read and a great study, if you’re looking for fact and solutions. Jared Bernstein's areas of expertise include federal and state economic and fiscal policies, income inequality and mobility, trends in employment and earnings, international comparisons, and the analysis of financial and housing markets.
So don’t take my word for it, take theirs.
So you may think voting is not important, it is. Voting is connected to so many issues that affect our lives and if we don’t vote in every election we allow politicians who care more about their own interest and whom are back by fat cats with deep pockets to con the misinformed into believing they have your back, your front, your right and left side.
They say things like;
- 1. "We know Al Qaeda has camps on the Mexican border. We have people that are trained to act Hispanic when they are radical Islamists." –Texas Rep. Louie Gohmert
- 2. "Just because the Supreme Court rules on something doesn't necessarily mean that that's constitutional." –Oklahoma Rep. Jim Bridenstine, on the legal status of Obamacare
- 3. "It is not the role of the Congress to make college affordable and accessible." – North Carolina Rep. Virginia Foxx
- 4. "Obamacare is going to destroy everything we know as a nation." – Georgia Rep. Paul Broun
- 5. "When a physician removes a child from a woman that is the largest organ in a body." – Alabama state Rep. Mary Sue McClurkin
- 6. "If it hurts a bunch of lazy blacks that want the government to give them everything, so be it." – North Carolina GOP Executive Committee member Don Yelton on his state's voter ID law
- 7. "The oil and gas industry gets no subsidies, zero, nothing." – Jack Gerard, president of the American Petroleum Institute, whose industry gets $4 billion a year in tax breaks.
- 8. "I am tired of you people." – New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, yelling at a school teacher
- 9. "President Obama can't wait to get Americans addicted to the crack cocaine of dependency." – Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann on Obamacare
- 10. "We need 100 more like Jesse Helms in the U.S. Senate." – Texas Sen. Ted Cruz
You can read more for them at your earliest convenience: 50 Dumbest Things Right-Wingers have said.
Are you seriously going to give these individuals more leeway and dysfunction power over our lives, by adding more mixed nuts to congress and state offices? I truly hope not!
This 4th of Movember is our time to make additional change and give more hope. It’s up to you.