SMOKING – A LOT OF UNKNOWN THINGS ABOUT IT
People’s opinion about smoking has changed dramatically in the last century. Long time ago smoking was thought to be cool, sexy, good for your health and people everywhere enjoyed the habit. Smoking was promoted by famous athletes and abundant advertisings on TV. You almost could not find scenes in a movie where the main character does not smoke a cigarette. Today, smoking is believed to be a habit that makes you addicted and kills you and everybody around you. Now you cannot see anymore commercials about smoking and not even somebodysmoking in public spaces.
Here is a list with unknown things about smoking:
- The best selling product – Cigarettes are the best selling products on the planet by about 1 trillion (one thousand billion) units per year. With incomes of 400 billion dollars annually, the tobacco industry is one of the largest in the world.
- More nicotine - Nicotine content from several brands of cigarettes is increasing. According to studies conducted by Harvard University and the Massachusetts Health Department, the amount of nicotine in cigarettes Camel, Newport and Doral increased by 11% between 1997-2005.
- Cigarettes exports – Cigarette producers in the United States earn money by selling the products to other countries than selling for Americans.
- Cigarettes market - American brands Marlboro, Kool, Camel and Kent own 70% of the global market for tobacco.
- Cigarettes content - Smokers might be terrified by these words. Cigarettes content consists of arsenic, formaldehyde, lead, nitrogen oxide .