By Mrs. W, for Mrs. Waterbury 12-2-2013
- The Mayflower had three sails.
- There were three levels to the ship.
- The pilgrims lived on the "tween-deck", or the deck that was between the top level and the bottom level of the ship. They were packed in so tightly, that you almost stepped on another person when you tried to walk about.
- The journey was rough and everyone was seasick!
- The only time the pilgrims were allowed on the top deck was to empty their chamber pots. Otherwise, being on the top deck was too dangerous! One man even fell overboard, but he was rescued.