- What is the characterization or definition of your mental illness?
- Bipolar disorder is characterized by periods of extreme happiness followed by extreme sadness.
- How many people are affected by your mental illness?
- 3% of people in the United States are affected by this illness.
- How can someone tell if they have your mental illness?
- Mania is what defines bipolar disorder. At its severest point the person may experience psychosis.
- What treatments exist to treat your mental illness?
- There is no way to cure it but you can receive medical treatment, therapeutic treatment, or, depending on the severity, treat it yourself.
- How can people get help for the treatment of your mental illness?
- People can receive help by talking to their doctors about this disease or by consulting a psychologist.
- What resources are available to help gain knowledge about your mental illness?
- There are multiple books and websites dedicated to discussing Bipolar disorder.
- Bipolar Disorder - Mayo Clinic
- Bipolar disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Self harm occurs in 30%-40% of people diagnosed with this disorder.