Cheetah's All Around
I did my project on a Cheetah because they were unique and interesting to me.
The Cheetah (Acinonyx jubatus) is a large finae (family fedinae, subfamily felinae) inhabiting most of Africa and parts of the Middle East. It is the Only extinct member of the genus acinowyx. The Cheetah can run faster than any other land animal— as fast as 112 to 120 km/h (70 to 75 mph) in short bursts covering distances up to 500 m (1,600 ft), and has the ability to accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in three seconds 9. This cat is also notable for modifications in the species' paws. It is one of the few felids with semi-retractable claws.
There is tremendous confusion on what makes or removes a cousin. This wiki diagram should help clear it up, or at least it did for me.
"Family tree showing the relationship of each person to the orange person. Cousins are colored green. The genetic degree of the relationships are marked in red boxes by percentage
Height: 30+ inches at shoulder
Weight: 69-140 lbs.
Body length: 4 feet
Tail length: 28.5 inches
cheetahs are originally from Asia and south of Africa
As a part of thelong-term program, conservation efforts are being developed through the knowledge gained from the collection of base-line data including:
- the distribution and movements of cheetahs through the Namibian farmlands;
- the problems leading to the continued elimination of the cheetah;
- the assessment of the over-all health of the free-ranging cheetah population;
- the development of livestock farm management practices to reduce conflict with cheetahs
- the development of livestock/wildlife management and education to sustain a balanced ecosystem that supports wildlife, and cheetah; and
- the adaptation of successful programs to other countries where cheetah still exist or might be reintroduced.
- The fastest land animal in the world, the cheetah is a marvel of evolution. The cheetah's slender, long-legged body is built for speed. Cheetahs are tan in color with black spots all over their bodies. They can also be distinguished from other big cats by their smaller size, spotted coats, small heads and ears and distinctive "tear stripes" that stretch from the corner of the eye to the side of the nose.
Here you either saw or you will a live video of a cheetah how fast they run and how they run.