Facetime vs. Skype
Over the years the video chat format has been changing rapidly. But in today's time and age the two running in front of the pack are Facetime and Skype. Both may seem very similar in how the run, but that's not true. Let us look at each one individually and see how different they really are compared to each other.
Skype is an Internet telephony service provider that offers free calling between computers and low-cost calling to regular telephones that aren't connected to the Internet. and here are some facts about it:
- Skype was founded in 2003 by Janus Friis from Denmark and Niklas Zennström from Sweden
- The Skype software was created by the Estonians Ahti Heinla, Priit Kasesalu, and Jaan Tallinn
- First beta released on August 2003, which was 11 years ago
- Skype was bought by Microsoft in 2011 for $8.5 million
- There are 47 Million users of Skype in the US and over 300 million users in the world
- Its operating systems are Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Windows Phone,BlackBerry, Nokia X, Fire OS,Xbox One and PlayStation Vita
- Available in 38 languages
- Type of calls it can make can be Videoconferencing, VoIP and Instant messaging
- and website is www.skype.com/en/
FaceTime is a videotelephony software application developed by Apple Inc. for supported mobile devices running iOS and Macintosh computers running Mac OS X 10.6.6 onwards. but here are some more fact:
My opinion is that Skype is a whole lot better then Facetime. I have used both personal and I would pick Skype over Facetime any day.