Are you Safe?
By Rachel Mankin
Don't share your password with ANYONE.
- If your friend asks for your password tell them no.
- Don't put your passwords in a place where others can see it.
- Tell a trusted adult your passwords in case you forget them.
Don't share personal information in your screen name.
- Your screen name can give out a lot of information about you.
EX) if you're a girl and your screen name is soccergirl12 it tells people you're a girl and that you're 12.
Don't add or accept friend requests from people you don't know.
- They could lie about who they are.
- It could be your mom seeing if you'll accept a strangers request and then you'll get in trouble. Or she could spying on you.
- They could be online predators.
Don't post anything mean about anyone.
- If you're being mean to others they might treat you the same way.
- They won't want to play with you.
- Being mean might result in getting kicked off.
Don't post personal information.
- Don't post where you live, how old you are, your gender, or where you go to school.
- Once it's out there, it's out of your control.
- People could track you down and hurt you. Be smart.
Don't meet people you met on the internet in person without permission and a trusted adult.
- When you meet them in person they could lie and hurt you.
- They could lie about who they really are.