Getting a Tummy Tuck Procedure
Dr. Bloch from Body by Bloch is a board certified Chicago plastic surgeon with over 25 years experience. He is a world renowned tummy tuck surgeon. He tailors each procedure to each individual in order to provide optimal results that are natural yet noticeable.
You have been undergoing serious weight loss exercises for weeks, and you are almost achieving your goals. Possibly, you recently gave birth after nine months of pregnancy, but then, you have come to notice unusual sagging skin in your tummy. In such instances, however, you don’t need to be worried because these are just realities and facts about our bodies after unusual incidents. Our skin stretches under such conditions like pregnancy, excess growth of body and even aging. The fact, however, is that most people never take such conditions as normal and end up seeking advice here and there on how they will tighten their sagging skin. Getting a tummy tuck is one of the procedures that will bring your sagging skin to its original state, and it is a procedure that will involve a qualified board certified plastic surgeon trimming your excess skin and fats to bring it back to the state that you have always wished for. If properly done, a tummy tuck will tighten your skin and bring back your confidence.
Under what instances would you need to undergo tummy tuck?
The most common reasons that can make you undergo tummy tuck include:
- Weight loss
Important things to know about a tummy tuck
Tummy tuck is a sensitive process that needs to be performed under specific conditions for instance:
- If you are planning to be pregnant in future, then it would be a wise idea if you postpone it till when you are done with getting kids. This is because there are some circumstances under which your skin can fail to stretch during pregnancy probably after a previous tummy tuck, and this can cause serious health problems.
- Tummy tuck is not a substitute for any weight reduction procedures. Under no circumstances should you opt for it expecting to lose your weight.
- Tummy tuck is not suitable in removing stretch marks brought by aging. There are other special methods meant to correct aging marks and should be used instead.
What are the benefits of tummy tuck?
- It improves your body posture-Excess fats and contoured tummy skin can give you a bad posture; however, after undergoing this exercise, your body form will regain the natural curves that it had lost the condition that made you undergo a tummy tuck.
- It treats a ventral hernia condition-This is a condition caused when the intestines enlarge and forms a sack that protrudes and can be visible through the abdomen.
- Corrects stress urinary incontinence –This is a condition that affects most women after vaginal birth. However, this condition can be treated without surgery, and tummy tuck gives a lasting solution and prevents any future occurrences.
Are there any risks involved in tummy tuck?
Owing to its increasing popularity, many people have come to think that tummy tuck is just an easy procedure. However, people should come to realize that this is still a major operation that requires long periods of time in the operating room. If you are interested, it is good to talk with your surgeon to understand what it is required then you gauge the advice before deciding to undertake the procedure.