The muscular system is made of skeletal, smooth and cardiac muscles. It controls the movement of the body, and circulates blood throughout the body.
Parts of system: smooth, cardiac, and skeletal
- Muscles make up 40% of body weight
- To take one step, you use 200 muscles
- Humans are born with all the muscle fibers they will ever get
- Your tongue is the strongest muscle in your body
- It takes 17 muscles to smile and 43 to frown
It maintains homeostasis by triggering its shivering reflexes when it gets colder.
It works with other systems by helping the body move.
It can catch diseases