By: Bekah hernandez
- Democritus was alive 460 B.C. - 370 B.C.
- Was a Greek philosopher
- He had no formal education and learned from his travels through out Greece
- noble Greece
- nicked named the laughing philosopher
- looked for wisdom
- Lived in 384 B.C. - 322 B.C.
- Was one of the most influential Greek philosophers
- Was educated at the Plato academy in Athens for nearly 20 years
- spouse pythias
492 BCE - Democritus' Discovery 1 Jan 200
- he thought that all matter in an empty space has a different appearance
- atoms determine properties
- believed atoms were mechanically bound
332 BCE - Aristotle's Discovery 1 Jan 200
- he rejected Democritus atomic theory and didn't think atoms move through empty spaces because he didn't think that empty spaces existed
- he believed that all matter consisted of four element of Earths air, water, and fire
- atoms are the basic building blocks of ordinary matter.
- atoms are made up of elements
- the number of protons of an atom are the atomic number
- every atom has a nucleus situated at the center
- the force of a chemical bond is what holds atoms together in molecules
- They are every small particles that make up the universe