Biography Project for Mrs. Hemry's 8th grade Language Arts class
made by NH 3rd Hour
- February 11, 1847-October 18, 1931
- Invent the Light Bulb
- Invented the gramophone
- As a kid made his own telegraph
Significance Events of the Thomas Edison
- Had a newspaper that was important to the Civil War and where the action was occurring.
- Was made half-deaf by scarlet fever as a child.
- Thomas Edison grew up in the small town of Milan, Ohio, which then he moved to Port Huron, Michigan.
- Thomas Edison was youngest of seven which four lived to adulthood.
Family Members Important to Him
- Thomas' mother took him out of school and taught him better after his teacher told him he was addled.
- Thomas Edison was half-deaf
- Tom would never stop asking questions until he knew how and could explain it to himself.
- As a kid Thomas had a goose that he cared for named Lulu
Significance of Thomas Edison
- Thomas Edison was a brilliant inventor and changed mankind forever with his invention of the light bulb