monkeys and tigers,plants and leaves
- the number of people, other living organisms, or crops that a region can support without environmental degradation.
- The tiger changes over time because as new organism come to this world, old organisms die it's a circle life as one die another grows.
- Tigers need: Food, water, shelter and space. Without they would all die.
- If there is a drought all the tigers would die and no tiger would live.
A tigers predator is a another tiger.
Limiting factors are things that prevent a population from growing any larger.
A producer take the energy from the sun and creates it's own food. (grass)
Consumer: feeds on plants and animals.(jaguar)
Decomposers:are organisms that break down dead or decaying organisms.(worms)
Carnivores:an animal that feeds on flesh.( tiger)
Omnivore:is a kind of animal that eats either other animals or plants. ( bear )
Scavenger:an animal that feeds on carrion, dead plant material, or refuse.(vultures)Herbivores that feed on green plants that feed on matter are called primary consumers. Carnivores that feed on herbivores are called secondary consumers, while other feed on other carnivores are called tertiary consumers.
Decomposer: Bacteria and Fungi->dead animals
Omnivore:Spider Monkey-> Macaw
Scavenger: Toucan-> Coconut
Food Chains and Food Webs
- Food chains are of energy flow, food webs show the many interactions of organisms. Food webs are more realistic of energy flow in the system.A rain forest would make
- If you would to kill all of the carnivores the herbivores ( okapi and mouse deer ) would grow and grow until all the grass is gone.Even when the plant is trying to make food they can't because they are eating them before they can grow.
Trophic Levels and Energy Pyramids
They used a pyramid because the more you go up the less there is the more you go down the more there is.
The producer are at the bottom because everything come from the producer for example: the grasshoppers eat the grass then the rats eat the grasshopper and the owl eats the rats. It's all a circle of life.
Photosynthesis can be represented using a chemical equation.
6CO2 + 6H2O ------> C6 H12 O6 + 6O2
- Carbon dioxide
- Photosynthesis plants break apart and carbon dioxide and water and join them together to produce oxygen and glucose
- Without photosynthesis we would not have rain forests and without rain forests. There will be no animals because animal need rainforest to survive.
- Photosynthesis takes place in the chloroplasts.
Phototropism - growth in response to light waves or colors (to grow towards light).
Skototropism - growth or movement away from light.
Hydrotropism - growth towards water.
Thigmotropism - growth response to touch.
Geotropism - growth of stems or roots in the response to the force of gravity.
Tropisms help the rain forest. It help it's grow because of geotropisms. Also, by Hydrotropism that give water to the plants.
The Role of Decomposers
1. Rain forests are important because without them we couldn't get any fruits or oxygen because trees have oxygen. Also, provide new species from scientists to find out.
2.In tropical rainforests,Insects, such as leaf cutters, ants and termites, break down organic matter, such as leaves that fall on the forest floor. Once these insects break down this matter, other decomposers finish digesting the leftover waste.