Elements,Mixtures and compunds
By: Cameron Wolfer
1. Describe pure substances,
chemical compound is a chemical substance that is composed of a particular set of molecules or ions. Two or more elements combined into one substance through a chemical reaction form a chemical compound.
2. Describe characteristics of elements, give examples. Elements can be identified by its unique set of properties. For example, each element has its own characteristic properties.
3. Explain how elements can be identified, You can see the differences in the different elements. The different densities and the different colors and shape of the elements.
4. Classify elements according to there properties, They have to share enough properties to be classified in the same group.
5. How elements make compounds, When 2 elements combine undergoing chemical change.
6. How can a compound be broken into a element? Some compounds can be broken down by chemical changes. Other compounds are broken down by other chemical changes.
7. Explain how a compound can be broken down into its elements?, Some compounds can be broken down by chemical changes. Other compounds are broken down by other chemical changes.
8. Give examples of common compounds, Food that you consume, School supplies that is being used, Clothing that is being worn and You are a compound
9. Explain how a mixture can be broken down into different substances using common mixtures as examples. A magnet can be used to help separate the different metals from others, they will pick the metals that are metallic. A centrifuge helps separate the different parts of the blood into different layers.