The Mist is a horror,science-fiction novel written by Stephen King.
* About the author: Stephen King has written many novels. He is known for his thrilling horror novels. Most of his novels have been turned into movies. One of his first horror novels, Carrie, was a huge success. After this, he kept writing more. In 1999, he was hit by a car and was badly injured.
* Main setting: The main setting of The Mist is the grocery store in Bridgton, Maine. The people used the grocery store as shelter from the creatures that were in the mist.
*Main Character: In the story, there were many characters. The main one was David Drayton. He married Stephanie Drayton and they later had a child, Billy Drayton. When they went to the supermarket, they are trapped inside the grocery store with other people by the mist.
* Conflict: The conflict of the story was the mist. It contained many monsters and dangerous creatures.
* Story details: it is about how a mysterious mist appears in Bridgton, Maine. Then, some people end up trapped in a grocery store because of the mist. They don't believe it is dangerous until mysterious creatures start coming out of it.
* Mood: I think the mood is kind of sad and suspenseful.
* Theme: I think that the theme of the novel is that if you don't work together, you will not be able to succeed.
* Why did I like it? What do I remember most about the book? I liked this book because it was suspenseful and it had some foreshadowing and I enjoy books like that. I also like books from this same genre and I think I will read more books from Stephen King. What I remember most about the book was the part when the giant tentacles took Norm into the mist.
* Quote: Brent Norton: "we are experiencing some sort of disaster. I don't know if it's man-made or natural, but it's definitely not supernatural."
* Who would you recommend this book to and why? I would recommend this book to people who like suspenseful literature and enjoy a good horror story. I would recommend it to them because that's what this book has, suspenseful-horror.
* Why should the viewer want to go out and get this book? I think the viewer should go buy this book because it is an exciting story with suspenseful action.