Rider February 3, 2014
- 150 Distinguished Flying Crosses
- 8 Purple Hearts
- 14 Bronze Stars
- 744 Air Medals and clusters
- 3 distinguished unit citations
- There were 450 pilots who served in combat overseas in the European Theater of Operations, North Africa, and the Mediterranean.
- The flight of a combat aircraft on a mission is called a sortie. The Tuskegee Airmen flew15,533 sorties between May 1943 and June 1945.
- They flew over 700 bomber escort missions and ended the war as the only fighter group to never lose an escorted bomber to enemy fighters.