Biography Project for Mrs. Hemry's 8th Grade Language Arts Class made by Samantha F.
Pat Tillman was born on November 6, 1976 in Fremont, CA and died on April 22, 2004.
Significant Events that Affected Pat's Life
- He was offered a 3.6 million dollar contract from the Cardinals
- The 9/11 terrorist attack.
- He left the Nfl for the army
- Kevin Tillman Pat's brother joined the army at the same time as him.
Pat Tillman was raised by is mom Mary Tillman and his father Patrick Tillman Sr. He grew up with two brothers Kevin and Richard who were both younger. Pat had a simple childhood. He never had to go without and had great relationships with his brothers.
People Who Influenced Pat's Life
- Marie Ugenti Tillman (Pat's Wife)- She always supported Pat in all of his decisions including joining the army.
- Kevin Tillman (Brother)- Kevin had a big impact in Pat's life because he joined the army along with Pat, and they always had a great relationship.
- Patrick Tillman Sr. (Father)- His father had been in the army so it had a big impact on his decision to join the army.
- While playing in the NFL Pat played linebacker, defensive back and safety
- He turned down the 3.6 million dollar contract from the cardinals to join the army.
- He died while fighting for the country
- 9/11 is what made Pat want to join the army and fight for our country.
- He set a team record for the number of tackles in 2000.
- While playing football he was still able to withhold a 3.8 GPA.
- He was named Pac-10 defensive player of the year his senior year.
- He served in Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- He fought for our country.
The theme of Pat's Life was...
Pat Tillman showed everyone that following your heart and doing what you believe in is more important than money. Also that you should fight for what you believe is right and in his case that was fighting for our country.
Pat's words of advice and what has taught me...
- "Passion is what makes life interesting, what ignites our soul, fuels our love, and carries our friendship, stimulates our intellect, and pushes our limits." Pat
After reading about Pat I realize he has taught me a lot. He has taught me that having money isn't everything, and that if you believe in something you should do what you can to fight for it. Lastly he taught me that you should do what is right not whats easier.
Krakauer, Jon. Where Men Win Glory: The Odyssey of Pat Tillman. New York: Doubleday, 2009. Print.