Class Narrative #4
Maddie Williams, D Block, October 28th, 2013
Plan for Rehearsal- for colored girls who have considered suicide/when the rainbow is enuf, October 28th
- Warm-Up- improv game (Statues, Hitchhiker, or something similar), each partner given objectives, given circumstances, and/or actions
- Read through of poems 10-15 multiple times: without emotion, without movement, etc.
- Discussion of characters; what are the given circumstances of the lady in red, the lady in blue? Take note of the characters professions, what information we're given in the play about their backgrounds, any romantic partners, their families, and any other situations we're given information about.
- " " ": What do the characters want, and how do they try to achieve it? How does the lady in blue deal with her abortion? How does the lady in red address the man she's loved who she thinks is cheating on her? What actions do they use?
- If time: brief discussion of Ntozake Shange, Toni Morrison, Maya Angelou, and other female black authors who's real life "given cirmumstances" influenced their works
- Another read-through of poems, focusing on the discussions we just had.
- Complete body relaxation exercise, lying on floor, and work with emotional and sense memory