Week 19: Animoto
I know you already know this, but the end of the school year is almost here! One of the most common requests I hear each year about this time, is for suggestions on how to create an end-of-year video. This week's Techy Tool is Animoto, a cloud-based video creation tool. I've blogged about it a number of times, but it's still one of my favorites.
Anyone can sign up with Animoto and create free 30 second videos. EDUCATORS can apply for a FREE Animoto Plus account to create full-length videos for classroom use! The regular price of this pro account is $240/year, so this is QUITE A DEAL!
When your masterpiece is finished, you can share via email, on a blog/website, export it to YouTube, or download it to your computer for use in presentations.
- Apply for a free Animoto Plus account here.
- Click CREATE to start your first video.
- Insert photos and/or videos (upload from your device, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Customize your style (select a video style, choose music, add text, etc.)
- Share and Enjoy!
Many of the following ideas for using Animoto in the Classroom came from the Animoto blog. Be sure to read more about them and see examples here.
- Introduce yourself to your students or parents
- Give a "sneak peak" of a new learning unit
- Wrap up a lesson or unit
- Book Trailers
- Public Service Announcements
- Research Reports
- End of year Video Project
Check out this book review that a student created in Animoto. You can read more about how the teacher uses Animoto in her classroom here.
The following example is a great example of using video and still images from a Living Museum in Mr. Auslander's class.
What do you think?
Leave comments and questions in the Comment Stream below.