Goals of this session: data entry, explanation of basic excel tools and terms, basic formatting tasks
- Become familiar with terminology and tools
- Create a simple workbook
- Add columns, rows, and pages
- Explore the formatting options within a sheet or workbook
- Create and explore formulas and sorting
- Add and edit borders within a worksheet
- Participants can explain common basic excel vocabulary terms (spreadsheet, workbook, worksheet, cell, cell name, merge cell, border lines, gridlines, sorting, filtering)
- Participants can create a workbook.
- Participants can add data to excel spreadsheet.
- Participants can use basic text formatting in spreadsheet (i.e. color, font type, size, bold, italicize, underline).
- Participants can add new and adjust column/row widths and heights.
- Participants can adjust margins and page orientation (I.e. to fit data in printable document).
- Participants can merge cells (i.e. to create headings for data table).
- Participants can change the cell color.
- Participants can add border lines.
- Participants can use the sorting and filtering functions
- Participants can use the AVERAGE formula to find the average of a column or row.