Math in a Minute: Technology Edition
Volume 3 Issue 18
Here are some ideas about how to integrate technology with math! Check with your iTeam member or math coach if you would like more information about these!
- Get answers from a multiple choice assessment
- Match definitions to vocabulary
- Get a quick check during discussions
- Survey the class if they agree or disagree with a statement
Use #plickers to tweet additional ideas!
- Create virtual ports for learners to use
- Revamp menus
- Learners create their own study guide
- Flip lessons
Use #blendspace to tweet additional ideas!
- Collaborate to share various strategies to answer a problem
- Have learners show each other how to solve problems
Use #baiboard to tweet additional ideas!
Shadow Puppet Edu
- Create a presentation explaining their thinking process
- Create a presentation to explain specific vocabulary and examples
- Explain how they counted money using a 100s chart
Use #shadowpuppet to tweet additional ideas!
- Show various examples of how to make a certain amount of money
- Brainstorm ideas
- Share shapes of real world objects
- Use to share Knows and Need to Knows
Use #padlet to tweet additional ideas!
- Make discussions more interactive
- Sort topics that the learners feel they need to discuss more
- Share answers to problems
- Type the decimal equivalence to a fraction
- Type an equivalent fraction
Use #infuselearning to tweet additional ideas!