1) Momentum is the quantity of motion of a moving body, measured as a product of its mass and velocity.
2) When the total momentum of two objects before a collision is equal to the total momentum of two objects after a collision.
4) No one knows for sure why we use p. It could be used from the Latin word, "petere" which means "to go towards"
5) A heavy van has a lot of mass. And a small(but heavy) motorcycle has less mass. The reason that they have the same velocity, is because the great mass of the van is making the velocity smaller. And the less mass that the motorcycle has, makes the velocity become equal to the vans velocity.
7) Elastic Collision-
- 8) Inelastic Collision-
- 9) Throwing a piece of clay on ground will be an example of an inelastic collision because the energy is leaving the clay when it hits the ground.
- 10) The quantity of rotation of a body that is the product of its inertia and its angular velocity. In space nebulae, stars, black holes, and planets all have angular velocity.