Week 8: Plickers
What do you get when you mix "Paper" with "Clickers?" PLICKERS, of course!
Plickers is a new classroom polling system that displays results in real-time. All you need is one smartphone or tablet (for the teacher) and a set of Plickers cards!
- Go to www.plickers.com
- Create a free account.
- Download the FREE Plickers app for iOS and/or Android smartphone or tablet.
- From the website, click Cards. Print a set of cards (there are a few choices) on card stock.
- Click Classes to set up a specific class. You can add student names, or just enter numbers.
- Add questions from the Library section. Click the "calendar" icon for each question to assign it to a specific class. You can also add questions from the Plickers app on your smartphone or tablet.
- When you are ready, you can display the LiveView on your classroom projector or just ask the question verbally.
- Students select and answer and hold their cards so that the correct letter choice is at the top.
- On your teacher device, select the class and question. Click the camera icon at and "scan" the students' cards for instant results. The first time, you will need to allow this app to use the camera on this device.
If you want more detail or just prefer watching a video, the following video walks you through all of the steps you need to get started!
What do you think?
Have you tried using Plickers in your classroom? Do you plan to? Leave comments about your experience here or on the blog!