St. Lucia is a small tropical island in the Caribbean Sea.
St. Lucia is one of many islands that complete the Caribbean's Windward Islands.
St. Lucia is Volcanic in origin
St. Lucia's capital city is Castries
The primary language spoken in St. Lucia is English
The nation's population is about 163,362 the life expectancy is 77.41 years.
Geography of St. Lucia
St. Lucia is known for the twin peaks of Gros Piton and Petit Piton on the southwestern side of the island.
St. Lucia is perfect if you want to go and relax and or if you like soft sandy beaches, and magnificent natural harbors.
Gros Piton and Petit piton
St. Lucia beaches
I can practically smell the salty air
some of the major cities on St. Lucia are Castries, Mon Repos and Micoud.
Castries City is on the Northwestern part of St. lucia
climate of St. Lucia
St.Lucia is a tropical island therefore it has a wonderfully warm and enjoyable climate. On average St.Lucia maintains a 70 to 90 degree temperature zone.
In general St.Lucia has a wonderful climate with sunshine after the rain.
Culture of St. Lucia
St. Lucia has many different cultural parts, of all cuisine is probably the most predominate. with rich volcanic soil many different tropical fruits and veggies are grown on the island.
Music now a topic that's fun to explain! (i hope you sense my sarcasm). anyways music has made an important impact in St. Lucia. It is easy debatable but surprisingly country music is one of the most popular genres of music on the island.
you wouldn't believe the popularity of country music....... o_0
how about Dem interesting factoids!!
Fer-De-Lance is known as the most poisonous snake in Central and South America.
On St.Lucia the main way of transportation is walking but many people have cars,boats and bike cycling
The St. Lucia flag has many different meanings to it such as the blue stands for the blue sky and blue ocean surrounding the island.The black and white portions symbolize racial harmony however the greater amounts of black symbolize the dominance of African culture over the European influence;The triangle parts of the design are intended to symbolize the Pitons the twin peaks on the southwestern part of the island.
St. Lucia flag
- "The Culture & People of St. Lucia." St. Lucia Simply Beautiful. Web. 18 Nov. 2014. <http://www.geographia.com/st-lucia/lccul01.htm>.
- "Saint Lucia Life Expectancy at Birth." Indexmundi. 23 Aug. 2014. Web. 14 Nov. 2014. <http://www.indexmundi.com/saint_lucia/life_expectancy_at_birth.html>.
- "St. Lucia: Country Overview." World Geography: Understanding a Changing World. ABC-CLIO, 2014. Web. 14 Nov. 2014.
- "St Lucia Weather, Climate and Geography." World Travel Guide. Columbus Travel Media Ltd. Web. 18 Nov. 2014. <http://www.worldtravelguide.net/st-lucia/weather-climate-geography>.
- Maxwell-Lewis, Dominic. "The Most Popular Music on the Island of St. Lucia Is...Country?" Noisy Music by the Vice. 28 May 2013. Web. 18 Nov. 2014. <http://noisey.vice.com/blog/the-most-popular-music-on-the-island-of-st-lucia-is-country>.