Facts about CYBER BULLYING?
- Cyberbullies use electronics, such as cell phones and computers.
- The ability to be anonymous might increase the likelihood that youths will engage in the behavior.
- A cyberbully does not necessarily see the reaction of the victim, making it easier to engage in mean behaviors.
- 30% of middle school students say they have been bullied or are being bullied.
2 Types of Bullies
Popular kids or teens may bully because:
- They see it as a way to stay popular.
- Hurting others makes them feel powerful.
Kids or teens who are less socially successful may bully because:
- It helps them cope with their own low self-esteem.
- They think it will help them fit in with their peers.
- They have trouble empathizing with those they hurt.
The 3 Rolls of Cyber Bullying
- THE BULLY
- THE BYSTANDER
- THE UPSTANDER