Hannah ,Anna Kate
1. They were the first African American politest
2. They served in world war ll
3. Formally, they formed the 332nd Fighter Group .
4. They formed the 477th Bombardment Group of the United States Army Air Forces.
5. They were known as the red tails
6. From 1941-1946, some 1,000 Black pilots were trained at Tuskegee.
7. There were 996 original Airmen. These included pilots, bombardiers, and navigators.
8.More than 10,000 black men and women served as their vital support personnel.
9.There were 450 pilots who served in combat overseas in the European Theater of 10. Operations, North Africa, and the Mediterranean.
11. 66 died in combat.
12. There were 33 Tuskegee Airmen who became prisoners of war.
13. They destroyed 251 enemy aircraft.
14. They won more than 850 medals
15. They began in 1941
16. 84 were killed serving over seas
17. U.S. Congress which stated that all American males between the ages of 21 and 35 had to register for the draft.
18. They battled Nazism and Fascism in the skies over North Africa and Europe
19. They painted the tails of their P-51s bright red
20. They never lost a bomber
21. They sank a German destroyer using only their machine guns.
22. They flew 15,533 sorties between May, 1943 and June 9, 1945.
23. They disabled more than 600 box cars, locomotives and rolling stock.
24. For every pilot, there were at least 10 black men and women on the ground in support roles
25. They were trained at Chanute Field, Illinois.