Reminders, Ideas, and Thoughts to Ponder...
"It takes courage to stand out and stand up for what you believe."
1. Only 2 more weeks until a much needed Spring Break- make each instructional day count!
2. Clarification on transportation change notes from parents- Some of you have expressed difficulty in trying to make copies of the notes and get a copy to the front office. It is not necessary for both the teacher and the front office to retain a copy, therefore if the child brings the note to you, make note of the change for your records and at some point during the day, bring the note to the front office. The original notes will need to be held in office files should a later issue arise. As always, if the original notes was brought to the front office, we will make the teacher aware of the change and keep the original copy.
3. Team- as a reminder, please do not post, share, or like anything of a personal nature on any social media sites (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, etc.) during contract hours of 7:45-3:45 p.m. This is instructional time.
4. Do you know who your economically disadvantaged students are? If not, please take some time to make yourselves aware so we can ensure we do the best we can to meet all of our students' needs. (We can run you a confidential report if you would like.) Take some time to read this article about children from poverty. Certainly made me think...
5. "The ones who remember that the kids who need love the most will ask for it in the most unloving of ways, change lives!"
6." Anything worthwhile takes time to build. If we had immediate success, we wouldn't build the character we need to sustain success."
7. Are you teaching or testing comprehension? Very insightful article by Fountas and Pinnell here on this topic!
8. What does a teacher make? Check this out!
Have a great weekend!