- Born: January 22, 1561, in London England
- Died: April 9, 1626 (65 years old), in London, England
- Nationality: English
- Family Members: Nicolas Bacon (father), Anne Bacon (mother), Anthony Bacon (brother), Edward Bacon (brother)
- Physical Appearance: Hairy, Skinny, Average Height, Big Arms, Pointy Nose
- Personality Traits: Intelligent, Cunning, Quick Minded, Adventurous, Challenging, Educated, Focused
Class, Education, & Employment
- Born into a prominent and a well connected family
- Education: Trinity College, University of Cambridge, University of Poitliers.
- Employment History: Lawyer, attorney general, scientist, and Lord Chancellor
University of Cambridge in the United Kingdom
New Atlantis (Contribution)
- In 1624, Bacon expressed his aspirations and ideals in New Atlantis.
- "But hear me now, and I will tell you what I know. You shall understand that there is not under the heavens so chaste a nation as this of Bensalem; nor so free from all pollution of foulness."
- Coined the phrase "Knowledge is power"
- One of the fathers of the scientific method
- Early proponent of the adductive method
- One of the first people to separate religion from science
Real life examples
- We use the scientific method in any science class that we take throughout our high school career
- Without Knowledge, we wouldn't be able to complete school and do things on our own in the real world.