Constitution Debate Project
In teams of 3-4 people, you will be debating a real issue (listed below). Your task is to debate it from a CONSTITUTIONAL perspective, as well as a moral/ethical perspective. But to be clear, the team that does a better job tying in the U.S. Constitution will win the debate.
Should Performance Enhancing Drugs (Such as Steroids) Be Accepted in Sports?
Should Adults Have the Right to Carry a Concealed Handgun?
Should the words "under God" be in the U.S. Pledge of Allegiance?
Should the NSA be allowed to collect your phone, email, and Internet data without your permission?
Should all forms of torture as a form of investigation be banned for all U.S. government officials and employees?
Worth: 100 points
- Works Cited examples for the US Constitution:
- US Const. art. II, sec. 1, cl. 3. Print.
- US Const. amend. III. Print.
- Day 1-3 = work on projects in groups
- Day 4-5 = debate topics in class