Tools of the Trade
Lucas Del Moral
Edmodo is a ''social learning platform'' website for teachers, students, and parents. It is an educational website that is like a social network.
You can ask questions and interact with other classmates or your teacher.
A link for the website: https://ocps.edmodo.com./
It reminds you of the due dates of classwork in your classes. It allows teachers to send messages to students regarding due dates and assignments.
Teachers can communicate by phone number and by e-mail and is 100% safe to use.
The link: https://www.remind.com/
It allows you to create info-graphics. A website that features thousands of free info-graphic templates and design objects which users can customize to create and share their visual ideas online.
It is used by teachers, students, business owners, and executives who need to create a thought or a lesson plan.
The link: http://www.easel.ly
It is an easy way to create a web page. It saves time, no need for coding knowledge.
Template based to create a web page easily.
The link: https://tackk.com/
IB Design Cycle
A. Inquiry and Analyzing
1. Explain and justify the need for a solution to a problem for a specified client/target audience
2. Identify and prioritize the primary and secondary research needed to develop a solution to the problem
3. Analyze a range of existing products that inspire a solution to the problem
4. Develop a detailed design brief which summarizes the analysis of relevant research.
B. Developing Ideas
1. Develop a design specification which clearly states the success criteria for the design of a solution
2. Develop a range of feasible design ideas which can be correctly interpreted by others
3. Present the final chosen design and justify its selection
4. Develop accurate and detailed planning drawings/diagrams and outline the requirements for the creation of the chosen solution.
C. Creating the Solution
1. Construct a logical plan, which describes the efficient use of time and resources, sufficient for peers to be able to follow to create the solution
2. Demonstrate excellent technical skills when making the solution
3. Follow the plan to create the solution, which functions as intended
4. Fully justify changes made to the chosen design and plan when making the solution
5. Present the solution as a whole, either: a. in electronic form, or b. through photographs of the solution from different angles, showing details.
1. Design detailed and relevant testing methods, which generate data, to measure the success of the solution
2. Critically evaluate the success of the solution against the design specification
3. Explain how the solution could be improved
4. Explain the impact of the solution on the client/target audience.