1. What groups are involved, who had the power?
2. How the balance of power shifted and why?
3. How was cooperation and conflict shown in the game?
4. What role did the US have on the simulation?
5. What happens to a country when power shifts, is the effect positive or negative?
- The peasants had the least amount of power
- They started off the game with no MSU's
- They could vote and run in the election
- They are the government
- The Amy & Wealthy controlled most of the government's decisions
- They can run in the election and vote
- Started with 60 MSU's
- They want to overthrow the government
- They can't run or vote in the election because they aren't considered citizens of Guatemala
- Control most of the government
- Have absolute power over Guatemala
- They can also vote and run in elections
- Most powerful nation in the world
- They can make negotiations with Guatemala at any time
- They can't run or vote in the election
How The Power Shifted
Throughout the game the power shifted a lot. When the game started, the Army and Wealthy had the most amount of power, then by the end of month 2 the Guerrillas took over power. At the end of month 3 the Guerrillas controlled the government but then the US took over because they didn't like that the Guerrillas wanted a closed election.
Cooperation & Conflict
- The Peasants and the Government joined the Guerrillas