1. The event or issue which inspired this cartoon is the recent vote those of Crimea region had on whether they would join Russia or become an independent state connected to Ukraine.
2. Vladimir Putin is in this cartoon.
3. The man voting represents a citizen of the Crimea region. The box represents the vote on whether they should join Russia or become an independent state connected to Ukraine.
4. The cartoonist opinion is that Russia, or Putin himself, pressured and possibly forced the voters to join Russia over Ukraine.
5. I agree with the cartoonists opinion to an extent, I believe he swayed the vote, as it was very much towards Russia, and placed some pressure upon the voters, and taken some of his other actions into consideration, it does not seem too out of his way. I do believe as well that many citizens in the Crimea region had a strong opinion on their own to join Russia, and truly wanted to.