Interviews and Paragraph Assignment
Your job is to become an interviewer. Call or visit a grandparent or a relative who is much older than your parents and interview them about their childhood. Then interview a parent about their childhood. Below I have given you the interview questions you are to ask. Type both interviews. Then type a paragraph about the differences between when your grandparent or relative and parent were children. Have your parent email me your two interviews and paragraph.
- What is your full name?
- How are you related to me?
- What year were you born in?
- Where were you born?
- Where did you live during your childhood?
- Where did you attend elementary school?
- Did you have siblings and how much older or younger are they than you?
- What did you do for chores?
- What did your parents do for work?
- What were some major current events during your childhood?
- What were significant events that happened to you as a child and what year did they take place?
Ask your parent for help making a timeline from the answer you wrote down to question # 11 from one of your interviews. To make a timeline use this website:
- Select the Horizontal Timeline on the website.
- Have your parent email me your completed timeline.
The Interviews, Paragraph, and Timeline Assignments are due Friday, December 5th. My hope is that you will see a grandparent or a relative over Thanksgiving Break so that you will have the chance to do a face to face interview. Email assignments to firstname.lastname@example.org