Pin Pal project
Hawley Pennsylvania USA
Population:The borough's population was 1,211 at the time of the 2010
Attractions and recreatio:Hawley is home to a number of notable lakes, golf courses, and other recreational facilities, making it a leisure destination, particularly during the summer months. Local attractions include:
- Harmony Presents - a production company bringing live music, comedy and theater to the underground theater of the Hawley Silk Mill and surrouding venues
- Costa's Family Fun Park - a place for miniature golf, batting cages, go-karts, bumper boats, and arcade games
- Lake Wallenpaupack - a 13-mile long lake with 52 miles of shoreline
- The Lodge at Woodloch - a luxury spa
- Woodloch Pines & Woodloch Springs - a resort and award-winning golf course
- The Hawley Silk Mill - the Bellemonte historical silk mill renovated by Peter Bohlin now features shops, boutiques, a gym, a spa, offices and a college.
- The Ritz Theater - a community theater offering musicals and strait shows during the summer months and holidays.
- Strike it Rich Pro Shop - Bowling pro shop located in the Wallenpaupack Bowling Center. Offering professional services for every level bowler. .
- Hotel Belvidere - Historical Hotel since 1902
- Ledges Hotel 119 Falls Ave - Boutique Hotel with Small Plate Dining.
- History:The borough was named for Irad Hawley, first president of the Pennsylvania Coal Company. Early industry centered around the transportation and support of nearby coal mining operations along with manufacturing facilities. The Bellemonte Silk Mill, regarded as the largest bluestone building in the world, and J.S. O'Connor American Rich Cut Glassware Factory are listed on the National Register of Historic Places