Z Score Fact Sheet
- Z scores are used to compare data points are different normal distributions
- Perhaps your friend recieved a 78 on their Probability exam but you recieved a 66, how do we know who really did better??? The answer: Z-Score
- We need to use the mean of both classes and the standard deviation to help us come to our conclusion
- We need to consider the spread of the curve as well
- If the z score value is negative we say, " # standard deviations below the mean" and if the z score is positive we say, "# standard deviations above the mean"