Healthy Lifestyle And Home Remedies
Antibiotics work fast for curing a sore throat. It wipes out the bacteria which are causing infection in the throat. However, if you want to live a healthy lifestyle you need to try these home remedies to relieve the pain when you diagnose symptoms of strep throat:
1. Get plenty of rest: Sleep helps your body combat infection. Stay home and take rest if you have strep throat. Keep your child at home if he is ill and has fever. Complete the antibiotic therapy in order to be sure that the infectious germs are killed.
2. Drink plenty of water: Keeping a sore throat greased and wet eases swallowing. Consuming plenty of water also helps avert dehydration.
3. Eat soothing foods: Foodstuffs that are relaxing on a sore throat consist of broths, soft fruits, soups, cooked cereal, mashed potatoes, applesauce, yogurt and soft-cooked eggs. These are good for a healthy lifestyle too. You can even puree food in the processor to make them easier to swallow. Frozen food items such as sherbet, frozen yogurt or frozen fruit pops also may be relaxing. Avoid spicy foods or acidic foods such as orange juice.
4. Gargle with warm salt water: Throat pain relaxes when gargling is done several times a day. Mix 1/4 teaspoon (1.2 milliliters) of table salt in 8 ounces (237 milliliters) of warm water. Doing gargles on daily basis can support a healthy lifestyle.
5. Use a humidifier: Adding moistness to the air can help ease distress. Moisture keeps mucous membranes in your throat from becoming dry and even more exasperated. Choose a cool-mist humidifier and clean it daily, because bacteria flourishes in some humidifiers. Saline nasal sprays also keep mucous membranes moist.
6. Stay away from irritants: Cigarette smoke can irritate a sore throat and increase the possibility of toxicities such as tonsillitis. In addition, avoid gasses from paint or spring-cleaning products, which can be frustrating for throat and lungs.