- an event that happens by chance or that is without apparent or deliberate cause
- My sister got in a accident.
the process of taking air into and expelling it from the lungs.
His breathing was shallow"
(of a person or animal) have severe difficulty in breathing because of a constricted or obstructed throat or a lack of air.
My dog choke on his food
the action of compressing or being compressed.
He was being compressed
a serious, unexpected, and often dangerous situation requiring immediate action.
She had a bad emergency
- 1. a sudden loss of consciousness.
- She fainted yesterday
- help given to a sick or injured person until full medical treatment is available
- My friend needed first aid
- the pulsation of the heart
- I can hear my sister heartbeat
a rhythmical throbbing of the arteries as blood is propelled through them, typically as felt in the wrists
I can fell my pulse in my wrist
- 1. save (someone) from a dangerous or distressing situation.
- I had to rescue my sister so she wouldn't get hurt
the action of breathing."opiates affect respiration"
It was hard
- abdominal-thrust maneuver (plural abdominal-thrust maneuvers) (emergency medicine) A first aid procedure used to treat choking. The patient's diaphragm is pressured by the performer's thumb knuckle to expel air and thereby dislodging the obstruction in the windpipe.
- She was abdominal thrust
- emergency medical procedures for restoring normal heartbeat and breathing to victims of heart failure, drowning, etc.
- It was hard for her
- Universal precautions is an approach to infection control to treat all human blood and certain human body fluids as if they were known to be infectious for HIV, HBV and other bloodborne pathogens, (Bloodborne Pathogens Standard 29 CFR 1910.1030(b) definitions).
- She had to be treated