Jobs Fair Preparation & Strategy by StepLinkIndia
StepLinkIndia Job Fairs are open to Fresher and experienced applicant who are seeking professional career opportunities. Here are some helpful tips to make your job fair a productive experience. As a candidate for employment, job fairs are an important method of making personal contacts with organizations that are in a position to hire new employees. At a job fair, you have the opportunity to conduct informational interviews with employers to help you gain insight into the kinds of jobs that are out there and the types of backgrounds and experiences employers are seeking.
Learn who’s Coming Ahead of Time
Contact Employers of Interest Prior to the Job Fair
Prepare a 45 Second Verbal Summary of Your Qualifications
• Review your resume and be prepared to present a 45 second summary of your educational and career background, qualifications, work experiences, and career interests.
• Be prepared to ask relevant questions.
• Describe how your skills match those of the position in which you are interested. Promote your abilities.
• Be prepared to schedule interviews with employers later in the day and/or second interviews in the following weeks.
Dress and Act the Part
• Approach employers with confidence and assertiveness. Make eye contact, smile, and shake hands firmly.
• Don’t chew gum, drink, eat, or be rude.
• Don’t ask about salary and benefits unless the employer prompts the conversation. If so, offer realistic salary expectations and appear interested.
Take the Right Things with You
Place an ample supply of resumes (printed on white or off-white, 24 lb. Paper) in a folding, leather or leatherette folder or attaché.
Take your calendar or date book in order to schedule interviews Continued on Ratanmani Complex Building · Room 304 · 7/1 New Palasia.Indore-452001 Website: http://www.steplinkindia.com/ Phone: +07313071402 E-Mail: email@example.com