Math in a Minute: Road Trip Edition
Volume 3 Issue 31
Road Trip Games
Road Trip Battleship Printable Car Game: http://www.momsminivan.com/battleships1-printable....
Printable Puzzles: http://krazydad.com
Road Trip Graphs
It is fun to spot Volkswagen Beetles driving along the roads. So why not keep track of what you see! Have kids fill in the SlugBug Car Graph to see what SlugBugs they see!
Construction can be a road trip headache. Why not make it a little more fun by looking at the different equipment! Fill in the Construction Equipment Graph!
There are many different types of transportation. Here's a graph to log what you can see!
Road Sign Math
Road Sign Math is a driving game where players look for mathematical relationships in road signs. The example above is a great example of a mathematical relationship shown on the sign. This example is 18+28=46!
Math Coloring Pages
Coloring Squared would like for you to enjoy these free math coloring pages for you to download. There are two different difficulty levels for each function. Hover over an image to see what the PDF looks like. Then you can click on any one of the images to pull up the PDF. You can then print the PDF.
Math with Gas Prices
- Keep a chart of gas prices in various states to compare.
- What is the cheapest gas price you see in the next 10 minutes?
- What would the gas price be rounded to the nearest ten cents? nearest dollar?
- Use the Gas Buddy app to help compare prices and enter in any you see along the way that haven’t been updated.
License Plate Math
- Be the first to add up all the digits .
- Make the largest number you can using the digits.
- Keep a tally of even numbers/odd numbers in license plates.
- See if you can find any pattern with license plate numbers and states. Do all states use the same coding system?
Estimating & Predicting
- How many red cars do you think we will see in the next 5 minutes?
- Which color of car do you think we will see the most of in the next 5 minutes?
- Predict what time you think we will arrive in the next city. It is _____ miles miles away. See who gets the closest!
- About how many people do you think live in ____? How many people do you think live in the smallest town we will go through? Look for the population signs along the way! What is the biggest city you have been through so far? Smallest?
Traveling Tips and Tricks
Do you have a game that involves dice? Put the dice in a small container so that the dice don't go flying across the car!
You can make your own Geoboard for the car!